Tuesday, February 1, 2011

honey mustard stuffed chicken breasts


Tonight I decided to recreate a yummy dish I had years ago.  I love the combination of sweet and savory the mustard and brown sugar give the chicken.  It has simple ingredients and is so good.  Even my picky kids gobbled it up! 

Ingredients


6 ounces cream cheese, softened (I used low fat and it worked great)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Dijon mustard (I used Grey Poupon)
1/2 cup chopped pecans


Directions


1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2.  Pound chicken breasts thin with a meat mallet. Spread with cream cheese and roll up. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and Dijon mustard. Press mustard mixture onto chicken. Roll chicken in chopped nuts. Place in a baking dish.
3.  Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, and juices run clear. 

 

Enjoy!

No comments: